Monday, August 24, 2009

Holy Shit! That's Mr. Spilly!


With all due respect to Marq-Dog, who pitched a gem......the headline goes to Senor Spilly....

What an unlikely series of events between what was two utterly inept offenses for the first 13 innings of the game who then decide to explode for a combined eight runs in the 14th. Spilly, who hit into a win-crushing double play a few innings earlier, drills a walk-off grand slam. It's possible I'm currently sleeping and this is all some weird dream, but that was one hell of a game. I could go on, but I need to get some beauty sleep before Guys Night Out tomorrow night.....

4 comments:

Sonic Tooth said...

Rather unbelievable, really.

Chain Lightning said...

Hot Damn this team has got moxy.

Now onto the Dodgers. Not sure if I should watch the games or not because I feel like the Rox always suck anus when I watch them (probably because they usually suck Dodger anus).

I'm liking the patience the Rox batters are showing at the plate. Need to stay true to that theme versus Kershaw as the kid can struggle locating the strike zone consistently. I want him out of the game early and lets go to the body on the Dodger bully.

TroutDog said...

Yo CL!!

Sucks Dex goes on DL because of a base running error by Tulo extends the game. Oh well, EY Jr. to start tonight and I will be there to see it.

And yes, we have sucked a lot of Dodger ass this year.

Sonic Tooth said...

Well well well, look who decided to join the party... (CL, not Spilly)
That said, I've got half a mind to wear my Spilly T-shirt jersey to the game tonight. But, I'm feeling it so strongly I'm going to wear an actual Rockies jersey.