Friday, May 29, 2009

A farewell to Hurdle



A somewhat sad farewell to a man who was the coach of our rockies for seven years. But the Monforts certainly had to do something to shake things up, as I imagine they might be noticing a drop in attendance as this season has progressed. The team just has not been getting it done from 2008 up to now. As a fan of the Rockies I say, it's about fucking time. I imagine the infamous '07 run bought him a little time, but the team has been complete garbages since then. I'll admit he's not the one going out there and leaving runners on base and giving up 6-runs in the 7th inning. But he does make the decisions like having Tulo bat 2nd; sticking with pitchers when it's clear they're struggling; and pulling pitchers that are doing well just because of the right on right crap. To quote another fan of the Rockies "He just has no feel for the game" [GE Buenning (before the infamous late season run), 2007]. That said, I think the major issue is cheap owners who can't afford their own farm players to be TOO successful (which obviously was the case with Holiday). Nor can these owners afford to bring in real talented veterans when you know they must have made a little extra money with the '07 success (what about Kip Wells?). Anyway, those are some obvious points that I'm sure we're all thinking.

For us at the BSB, we wish Hurdle all the best and hopefully there is more barrel for him on the horizon. But I guess will have to find someone else to rip on at this site.

Floating Tracy head soon to come.

3 comments:

TroutDog said...

Hmm, I left a comment here yesterday, but I guess it didn't work. It went something like this....

Clint, you'll always be our number one Barrel Man. Good luck in whatever hardware store, errr, managerial job you land in next.

What will I now do with my Hurdle's Heroes tshirt? (Other than wear it last night our of respect.)

TroutDog said...

Nice start last night for Super Tracy, courtesy of Marq-Dog (the rocks really have a starting pitcher with 7 wins? Weird.)

BSB staff might get their first in-person look at the new skip tonight at Coors. Myself and ST will be in the house.

NikB said...

I'm kind of liking this Jim Tracy-era.

Hopefully I'll be saying the same thing 2 weeks from now...